6.21.2013

two-minute book review: the sense of an ending

Deleting my Facebook has had a lot of benefits, but my favorite right now is that I read a lot (which I have always done, but now it's increasing again).  Jamie and I read The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes.  Here are my quick thoughts:

Favorite Quote: "This isn't something I actually saw, but what you end up remembering isn't always the same as what you have witnessed."

Favorite Character: Adrian Jr.

Meetways: Atonement meets Mystic River

Three Words: mysterious, narrative, quiet

1 comment:

  1. A small yet extremely powerful book, it rightfully deserves the Booker. I started reading this book and was soon wondering as to where the story is eventually going. However , as the book progressed , I was rewarded with the satisfaction of having read something that will stay with me for a very long time. In all possible senses, the book does justice to the title. In the end , the main protagonist does feel the sense of everything ending

    ReplyDelete

leave me a note.