These are Nora's very favorite things. Some of them she knows are her favorites, some of them just make her life easier and she has no idea how much stress they relieve her. Descriptions/links below!
1. JCrew jammies. Okay, I know how this sounds...not only do I shop for my baby at J.Crew, but I buy her pajamas from J.Crew? The only thing I can say in my defense is that we only own one pair, I waited until they were on sale AND I had a coupon code....and that they are 1000% worth it. Once Nora started kicking, she always got her feet stuck all the way up in the body of her pajamas...which woke her up. Which woke me up. Multiple times per night. These pajamas are amazing. The material is lightweight and stretchy, but it still clings to Nora and she cannot get her feet out of them no matter how hard she tries. I want a pair for myself.
2. Step2 Swing. Okay, so technically this is for 9 months and up, but we've been using it since six months and Nora is obsessed with it. It's easy to hang anywhere, sturdy, and baby/mom approved.
3.Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water. Nora gets the hiccups kind of a lot. Some days, she gets them six or seven times. This stuff makes them disappear nine out of ten times! It's magical and I have no idea how it works. Bonus: it's all natural!
4. Mam Pacifiers. I am not exaggerating when I say that we tried 8 different brands of pacifiers (because we're insane new parents and Amazon Prime makes me do crazy things). These are literally the only kind she keeps in her mouth. They come in 3 sizes: infant, 3-6 months, and 6+ months. I'm partial to the dinosaur themed ones.
5.Extra Car Seat Base.We actually have two extra bases (for a total of three). One stays with my parents, one in my car, and one in my husband's car. These things are a pain to get in and out, so not having to switch them saves lots of time and makes transferring the baby much easier.
6. Dohm Sound Machine.When Eleanor was an infant, we read The Happiest Baby on the Block and learned (among other things) the magic of white noise. We keep one in our room (she still sleeps in the pack n' play in there) and one near her crib. Because I'm insane, I can tell you that she sleeps 34% longer with white noise than without.
7. Miracle Blanket Swaddlers. Another thing we learned about in The Happiest Baby on the Block was the magic of swaddling. From birth to about 3 months, Nora loved to be swaddled. It calmed her down almost instantly. She sometimes struggled during the actual process of swaddling, but once she was in it, she was content. These swaddlers have a design that allows you to adjust how tightly you swaddle and allow room for baby to grow. We have 3 different kinds of swaddlers, and these are the best.
8. Gerber Soothe.These are called "colic drops", but they're actually probiotics. Nora was extremely fussy (binding her legs up, screaming, going rigid) from week 3-week 7 and as soon as we started giving her these every day, she was in a much better mood every day. 5 drops in her morning bottle and she's good to go.
9. Aden + Anais Blankets. By far our favorite blankets, these are light, cozy, easy to swaddle, and fold up nicely for traveling. My husband loved them so much that I got him an adult-sized one for his birthday.
10. Comotomo Teether.Nora's Aunt Amy told us about these. I'm not sure if it is the shape or material or ridges, but they are easy to grab, and they feel like a finger on baby's gums (which are Nora's favorite things to chew).
11. Bright Starts Monkey. We got this from someone, and for the life of me, I cannot remember who. Eleanor has loved this monkey since she was only a few weeks old. She would stare at it and try to talk to it when she was tiny. Now she loves to grab it and bite it (the crinkly ears are her favorite part). We named ours Elton, because he's a tad overly accessorized.
12. Baby Advil.For teething, belly aches, and shots, this is essential to have on hand. I recommend ordering the three-pack so you have a back up supply and can keep one in the diaper bag.
What did your baby love in the first six months (or beyond!)? What made life just a tiny bit easier?